Firefox 3.6, the latest version of Mozilla's popular browser, is now available to download featuring a 20 percent speed improvement over version 3.5, Mozilla said.
"Firefox 3.6 is built on Mozilla's Gecko 1.9.2 web rendering platform, which has been under development since early 2009 and contains many improvements for Web developers, add-on developers, and users," according to the Firefox 3.6 web page. " This version is also faster and more responsive than previous versions and has been optimised to run on small device operating systems such as Maemo."
Other key capabilities include:
- Open audio and video, via an implementation of HTML 5 audio and video. Video can be displayed fullscreen, and poster frames are supported.
- Personas, to personalise the look of Firefox
- Plugin Updater, offering protection against vulnerabilities. Out of date plugins will be detected.
- Stability improvements to decrease crashes caused by third party software
- Form Complete, in which the browser suggests information for form fields based on common answers in a similar field