OSFMount is a unusually powerful tool for mounting disk images in Windows with a drive letter.
If you've downloaded an ISO file, for instance, this means you don't have to burn it to a blank disc to browse its contents. Just use OSFMount and it'll appear in Windows as a new drive, so you can view the image in Explorer and extract whatever files you might need.
OSFMount doesn't just support ISO files, though. Other formats it can mount include IMG, DD, BIN, 00n, NRG, SDI, AFF, AFM, AFD, and even VMWare's VMDK.
And that's not all. The program can also create a RAM disk, so for instance you could allocate 1GB to a new virtual drive V:. This may help with performance of some programs, as RAM disks are extremely fast. It also has privacy advantages (tell a browser to store its internet history there and it'll disappear when you reboot). And you can even use OSFMount to save the contents of your disk in a variety of image formats, including ISO, BIN, IMG and DD.
Version 3.0.1001 changes:
- Mount a virtual disk using Physical Disk emulation, allowing the disk to be recognized by Windows Disk Management
- Added Write Cache mode to allow mounting a virtual disk as read-write while preserving the data of the original image file
- New step-by-step wizard for mounting virtual disks with simplicity
- NTFS, exFAT and FAT32 now supported when formatting a drive
- Revised columns in main window with support for physical disk emulation
- Added support in the OSFMount CLI for mounting using Physical Disk emulation
OSFMount is an easy-to-use disk mounting tool with some useful bonus features