When you need to demonstrate how something is done, if you are not able to guide someone through the process in person, the next best thing is a video tutorial. Camtasia for Mac is a screen recording utility that can be used to record on-screen activity and save it as a video file.
Ideal for creating video tutorials as well as demonstrations, Camtasia can be used in a variety of ways. You may not want to capture your desktop in its entirety and it is possible to limit capture to a portion of your screen.
On the audio front you can opt to use a microphone to record voiceovers as well as recording sounds generated by your Mac. An audio cleanup tool is available to help you to eliminate any unwanted background noise that may have been captured. Longer recording sessions can be paused and resumed so you don’t need to capture everything in one sitting.
The SmartFocus features means that it is possible to focus videos in on the main part of the action - you may want to temporarily zoom in on a particular window to highlight some detail for example. With the option of using scene transitions, text and image overlays and much more, Camtasia enables you to produce professional results with ease.
What's new in 2018.0.4 (see changelog for more)?
- Added support for macOS Mojave (version 10.14).
- Added support to resume a SCORM e-learning lesson with the TechSmith Smart Player. Users will be able to resume the video at the time they exited the video..
- Fixed a bug that prevented quizzes from appearing when using SCORM.
- Fixed a bug that caused Camtasia to crash on launch when users' keyboards were not set to English..
- Fixed a crash when unzipping files on OS X 10.11.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
An advanced, professional and efficient ways to capture desktop activity and create video tutorials.