ESET Smart Security Premium 12 is ESET's high-end home-user security suite.
The program delivers everything you get with its core antivirus package: malware and ransomware blocking, web browsing and antiphishing protection, and a social media module to keep you safe from malicious content.
There are all the extras you'd expect with an internet security suite, too: a firewall, antispam, parental controls, online banking and payment protection, and more.
ESET Smart Security also includes a capable password manager which autofills your logins on PCs, Macs, Android and iOS devices.
Anti-theft technology enables tracking your lost laptop.
A new Secure Data feature can encrypt your most important data on local or USB drives.
While these features sound familiar, start to explore and you'll find many valuable extras.
A Device Control module allows you to take complete control over the ways your users can access and work with any given device type (you can allow them use of CDs and DVDs but block USB keys, say).
A powerful Host Intrusion Protection System gives detailed control over what processes can and can't do on your system.
ESET SysRescue Live is an enhanced rescue environment, a Linux-based malware cleaner which can be booted from a CD, DVD or USB Flash drive (North America Only).
Home Network Protection scans your local network for vulnerabilities, including weak passwords and out-of-date and firmware, and helps you track all your connected devices.
A new Webcam monitor tracks everything using your webcam, alerts you to any unexpected processes and allows you to block them.
What's new in 12.1 (see changelog for more)?
- Added: Behavioral Monitor settings in “Advanced setup”
- Added: Indonesian localization
- Added: Customer Experience Improvement Program
- Added: Automatic detection of Airplane mode
- Added: Information about scanned files by Real-time file system protection
- Improved: Reduced size of installer
- Improved: Product upgrade process including over-night updates
- Improved: PUA communication and term use throughout product (“Threat” has been replaced with “Detection” when PUA is detected)
- Improved: Redesigned Webcam protection rules editor in “Advanced setup”
- Improved: User is notified if Banking and Payment Protection is running on unsecured WiFi
- Improved: Updated in-browser page layout of Banking and Payment Protection
- Improved: Minor user interface improvements on Computer scan screen
- Improved: Communication of referral across product
- Improved: Minor user interface improvements on Security Report page
- Changed: EGUI runs only when it is necessary
- Fixed: Various functional and localization bugs
A powerful suite with many useful features, and some important additions in this version.