RogueKiller is a tool which aims to help you to detect and remove malware from your PC.
The program doesn't rely on virus signatures, which is good for detecting the latest threats.
It's also easy to use: just click Scan and wait. (You may have to wait a while, though, as there's no "quick scan" in the free build - it's all or nothing).
The final report includes a great deal of useful information on possibly dubious startup programs, HOSTS file lines, proxy and DNS settings, drivers, shortcuts, MBR code and more.
The most dangerous threats are highlighted by default, so you could just click Delete and clean them all at once.
There's always the risk of legitimate software being flagged as malicious, though, so we'd recommend you check the report carefully, make sure you understand exactly what it's going to do.
Note this is the portable version of RogueKiller for 64-bit PCs.
What's new in 184.108.40.206?
- Updated to core 3.0.11
* Fixed startup registration issue when laptop on battery
* Fixed warning message at startup when floppy drive exists
* Fixed file not closing after zip operations
- Added automatic updates setting
- New Automatic update system (silent with notifications and scheduler)
- Fixed last scan date (taken from config and not history)
RogueKiller is a powerful malware hunter which uses a wide range of technologies to detect threats. The lack of a "quick scan" is going to be a problem sometimes, but if you mostly just need an emergency "second opinion" scanner it should be a great choice.