Reinstalling software is always a hassle you could do without, but if the program in question is an instant messaging tool then you might run into another complication: what's your password? If you try a few personal favourite passwords and discover none of them work - what then?
MessenPass offers a quick and easy solution to this problem. Just download, unzip and run the program (it's portable, no installation is required), and it'll immediately display the stored passwords for just about any instant messaging tool (so you will need to have asked your IM to remember the password). And we do mean any - the program supports all these application:
- MSN Messenger
- Windows Messenger (In Windows XP)
- Windows Live Messenger (In Windows XP/Vista/7)
- Yahoo Messenger (Versions 5.x and 6.x)
- Google Talk
- ICQ Lite 4.x/5.x/2003
- AOL Instant Messenger v4.6 or below, AIM 6.x, and AIM Pro.
- Trillian Astra
- MySpace IM
Double-click the account to display its details, and you'll be able to select the password, copy it to the clipboard, and paste it into your Instant Messenger.
Please note that for security reasons, MessenPass will only recover passwords for the currently logged-in user on your PC. You can't use it to grab other people's passwords.
- Removed the command-line options that export the passwords to a file from the official version. A version of this tool with full command-line support will be posted on separated Web page.
An effective, easy-to-use password recovery tool