Mountain Duck is a handy tool for mounting server and cloud storage accounts as local drives in Finder and Windows Explorer.
Based on Cyberduck, by the same developer, Mountain Duck can connect to FTP and SFTP servers, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Azure and OpenStack Swift storage.
Full support for secured SSL connections, strong ciphers, public key and two factor authentication keeps your communications safe at all times.
Setup is easy, particularly on the Mac: there's no admin privileges or installation required.
And once Mountain Duck is running, there's no more work to do. You're able to browse remote files and open them with any application, just as though they were on a local drive.
What's new in v3.0 (see full changelog for more)?
- Local cache of remote storage to work with when offline
- Explicitly select files or folders to be available offline using context menu
- Automatically add files to local cache for offline access when opened
- Immediate save of files in local cache with upload to remote storage in background
- Badge icons on files and folders with sync status
- Pulsating icon in status bar indicates background sync in progress
- Menu item to manually pause and resume background sync
- Option to enable background indexer to allow browsing folders when offline
- Custom disk icons for mounted volumes in Finder (macOS)
- Custom disk icons for mounted volumes in File Explorer (Windows)
- Use toast notifications (Windows)
- Allow password input in bookmark window
- Create download authorization for files to share (Backblaze B2)
- Make a file public and copy URL to share (Google Drive)
- Create temporary link (4 hours) for file to share (Dropbox)
- Create shared link for file (Microsoft OneDrive)
- Danish (Dansk) Localization
- Czech (Ceština) Localization
- Finnish (Suomen Kieli) Localization
- Polish (Polski) Localization
- Italian (Italiano) Localization
- Portuguese (Português, Brazilian) Localization
- Russian (??????? ????) Localization
- Swedish (Svenska) Localization
- Chinese (??) Localization
- Hungarian (magyar nyelv) Localization
If you regularly work with cloud storage then Mountain Duck could save you a lot of time and hassle.