X-Bomber is a fast and free vertical-scrolling space shooter game based on the Japanese sci-fi TV series, Star Fleet.
This isn't just another basic arcade clone where you'll be bored after 5 minutes. There are 17 missions, several ships with assorted weapons, a host of enemies with decent AI, dynamic in-game dialogue, plenty of space and planetary environments, appealing graphics and a professional soundtrack which can optionally be replaced with your own MP3s.
If this is all a little much then you could tweak the difficulty level, or maybe get help from a friend by using the 2-player mode.
There's a lot to explore and initially it can seem a little overwhelming. But there's a tutorial mission to walk you through the basics, while an online help page gives you some background on the storyline and characters.
Version 0.84 changes:
- Migration from Multimedia Fusion 2 to Clickteam Fusion 2.5 runtime
- 'Night mode' enabled and other consistency improvements in mission 11
- 'No instruments mode' available in options menu
- Dai-X special weapon; Quantum Buster rebalanced with new features and graphics
- Mission 11 underwater wingmen added
- Bullet muzzle flashes and impact animations
- Dai-X Special Weapon 3; RFSG, and 4; plasma grenades improved
- Engine glow and afterburn for Booster Packs
- Underwater bubble particles and other mission 11 graphics improved
- Mission 9 - stage 1 graphics improved
It'll take a few minutes to find your way around, but there's plenty of help, and once you've mastered the basics X-Bomber should provide hours of fast-paced arcade fun.