Forrester Research analysts Marc Cecere and Laurie M. Orlov have taken a look at the most in demand jobs in IT.
The report, What are the hot roles in IT?, looked at a number of criteria to take the temperature of these IT roles.
A role could be hot because it requires intimate knowledge of a business, industry or region.
Such highly specialised knowledge limits supply while boosting role relevance, the analysts wrote. Other factors at play include cross-disciplinary knowledge, the amount of risk and impact inherent in the role, limited external supply, and the pressure applied by trends within technology and the industry as a whole.
- Account manager
- Desktop virtualisation expert
- Mobile operations and device expert
- Service manager
- Business process analyst
- Storage director
- Enterprise apps strategist
- IT planner
- Network architect
- Enterprise project manager
- Data- and content-oriented business analyst
- Business architect
- Enterprise architect
- Vendor management expert
- Information/data architect
- Information security expert
Find your next job with computerworld UK jobs