Search engine Ask.com is bringing back 'Jeeves', three years after he was given the boot.
Jeeves is a fictional butler based on a character created by PG Wodehouse that featured in the search engine's name and branding until 2006. However Ask said it was re-introducing the character due to "user demand".
Managing director Cesar Mascaraque told the BBC: "Our aim is to give our users the answers they need for the lives they lead and Jeeves's role is to give our users answers in a more human way".
"We have been focused on developing an outstanding product that will deliver outstanding results and Jeeves is just the icing on the cake.
The search engine has gone through a number of improvements and rebranding schemes throughout the years in a bid to compete with Google market share.
However, Peter Matthews, manager of the brand and digital consultancy Nucleus, said Ask was unlikely to be able to challenge Google.
"Ask is struggling, as all search engines other than Google are. With Google, you get 90 percent of the market, so the other search engines - Yahoo, MSN, AOL and Ask to name but a few - are all trying to grab a share of the remaining 10 percent," he told the BBC.