After the apparent 'disaster' of Windows 8, Microsoft users seem to have warmed to Windows 10 and all that it has to offer.
And with Microsoft reporting that there are 400 million active Windows 10 devices in use, we're surely set to see an increase in not only Windows app downloads but also the number of Windows apps being produced.
We've compiled a list of top Windows 10 apps (both desktop and phone) aimed at boosting productivity and making your working life easier.
Supported operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1, Windows Phone 8.
Zoho Invoice key features:
- Accept card payments - Share, discuss and collaborate with customers online - Client Portal - Records expenses
Supported operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1,Windows Phone 8.
6. Windows 10 productivity apps: Network Speed Test
Monitoring your internet speed is vital in ensuring you get the most from your broadband connection. A slow speed can indicate a break on the line or other issues that need addressing and this app will tell you exactly how well your internet connection of working.
- Measure network latency - Download and upload speeds - Monitor SSID and BSSID when you are connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot - Examine past network performance history.
Supported operating systems: Windows 10 and Windows 8.1
Open Word enables users to view and edit Microsoft Word documents quickly, without opening up the Microsoft Word programme itself. This is ideal for received email attachments or documents that only require a quick once over.
Key features: Provides a simple and quick document editor.
Supported operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1
Dropbox's cloud storage platform is an accessible and secure way to manage important personal documents and those you wish to share with others. The desktop app offers offline storage for free.
- Access photos, docs, and videos from any device - 2 GB of free space when you sign up - Share even your biggest files with a simple link — no more attachments! - Add files to your "Favorites" for offline viewing
Supported operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows Phone 8
9 Notes is a note-taking app with advanced editing features ideal for those working within a creative environment or someone who is bored of simplistic note-taking apps with a lack of features.
- Notebook-style interface - Create both handwritten and text notes - Multiple text styling options - Crop, resize and apply filters to images and notes - Advanced Graphics editor for posters, brochures, and graphical content
Supported operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile.
17. Windows 10 productivity apps: Translator
Translation apps are always useful in business, so having one on your desktop is worthwhile. Translator is an app that does just that, translates via voice, text and camera shots.
- 51 languages - Camera, voice and offline translation - Text-to-speech - Word of the Day - Full history
Supported operating systems:Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows Phone 8
19. Windows 10 productivity apps: IM+ Instant Messenger
IM+ offers a fully integrated instant messenger service ideal for people with multiple chat platforms in use. This app will bring all of those together placing them in one easy location.
- Support for all popular instant messaging services including Facebook, Google Talk and AOL/AIM/iChat - Free text messages and photo sending - Group chats - Multiple accounts per service - Typing notifications - Personal status messages
Supported operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1