Best Windows 10 apps for business users: 19 Windows 10 apps you can download in the UK
After the apparent 'disaster' of Windows 8, Microsoft users seem to have warmed to Windows 10 and all that it has to offer.
And with Microsoft reporting that there are 400 million active Windows 10 devices in use, we're surely set to see an increase in not only Windows app downloads but also the number of Windows apps being produced.
We've compiled a list of top Windows 10 apps (both desktop and phone) aimed at business users.
And while the list is in no particular order, we like:
- Trello Cental
- Network Speed Test
- Expense Spy
- One calendar
Here are 19 useful Windows apps...
1. Trello Central
Trello Central is the Windows version of Trello offering most of the features available on the Android app. Trello Central is a work and life planner and project management tool.
- Create boards
- Invite co-workers to interact and edit documents
- Customised workflows
- Add and assign tasks
- Upload photos and videos, attach files and add editable checklists.
2. Expense Spy
Expense Spy keeps track of finances and set budgets.
- Separate budgets for short trips
- Alternative expenses
- Regular payments
- Data are displayed in a table or chart
- Active tiles
- Foreign currencies
- OneDrive backup
3. Microsoft Teams
For those wanting to stay firmly within the Microsoft family, and those with the appropriate commercial Office 365 subscription, Microsoft Teams is a great choice for an instant messenger with extensive collaboration features.
Microsoft Teams is similar to Slack, but for those running a Microsoft shop, Teams is a great option and comes as part of your subscription, so using it will come at no additional cost.
- Instant messaging
- Quick file transfers
- Group messaging and channels
- Multi-factor authentication
4. Adobe photoshop express
This express editor enables users to create, edit and filter photos without needing a ton of experience.
- Crop, straighten, rotate and flip photos, and remove red-eye from photos
- One-touch filters
- Looks pack and noise reduction pack
5. Network Speed Test
Monitoring your internet speed is vital in ensuring you get the most from your broadband connection. A slow speed can indicate a break on the line or other issues that need addressing and this app will tell you exactly how well your internet connection of working.
- Measure network latency
- Download and upload speeds
- Monitor SSID and BSSID when you are connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot
- Examine past network performance history.
Facebook-owned WhatsApp has launched a Windows desktop app designed to extend the experience provided by the WhatsApp mobile app.
The official WhatsApp blog stated: "Like WhatsApp Web, our desktop app is simply an extension of your phone: the app mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device."
- Send photos, videos, and Voice Messages
- Group chat
- No international charges
- Offline messages
- WhatsApp Web
Zoho Expense key features:
- Receipt scanning
- Expense reporting
- Multicurrency support
- Mileage tracking
Zoho Invoice key features:
- Accept card payments
- Share, discuss and collaborate with customers online
- Client Portal
- Records expenses
WinOpener can open RAR, ZIP, 7z and other compressed files - it's a useful app to have when working with multivolume archives.
- It's free, with no in-app purchases needed
- Offers a bug-free guarantee
- Supports ZIP, RAR, 7z, TAR, etc
9. One calendar
One Calendar offers users one platform to view multiple calendars from Google calendar, Outlook,Office365 calendar and Facebook events.
- View multiple calendars
- Add, update and delete appointments
- Filter and search the information
- Work offline
- Data storage
Dropbox's cloud storage platform is an accessible and secure way to manage important personal documents and those you wish to share with others. The desktop app offers offline storage for free.
- Access photos, docs, and videos from any device
- 2 GB of free space when you sign up
- Share even your biggest files with a simple link — no more attachments!
- Add files to your "Favorites" for offline viewing
11. Skype for Business
The Microsoft-owned Skype for Business app is a popular business-focused app that provides an online meeting room, instant messaging and an user-friendly interface.
- View shared content during video meeting
- Group IM or video chat
- Mute or remove attendees
- Passive authentication
- Instant messaging
Evernote users can create shared documents that can easily be edited by all staff simultaneously. Evernote also offers time-tracking functionality to map productivity and exploit areas of under-use.
- Auto-synchronise notes among computer, tablet and smartphone
- Note taking
- Share photos
Todoist is a checklist and task manager app that enables users to view tasks, mark them as complete and create and share collaborative projects.
- Add, view, and organise your tasks from multiple devices
- Set recurring dates
- Delegate tasks and share projects
- Add comments, upload files, and receive instant notifications on shared projects
- Share photos, music and video
- Transfer files between phone and computer
15. 9 Notes
9 Notes is a note-taking app with advanced editing features ideal for those working within a creative environment or someone who is bored of simplistic note-taking apps with a lack of features.
- Notebook-style interface
- Create both handwritten and text notes
- Multiple text styling options
- Crop, resize and apply filters to images and notes
- Advanced Graphics editor for posters, brochures, and graphical content
Translation apps are always useful in business, so having one on your desktop is worthwhile. Translator is an app that does just that, translates via voice, text and camera shots.
- 51 languages
- Camera, voice and offline translation
- Word of the Day
- Full history
Grapholite offers an all-in-one diagrams wizard, able to create flow charts, floor plans, network layouts, sketches and illustrations.
- Flow charts
- Organisational charts
- Web site structures and wireframes
- Computer network layouts
- Graphs, algorithms, schemes
18. Battery X
Simply put, Battery X provides an app designed to know your battery status, remaining charge and statistics. Great for those on the go, in both personal and professional situations.
- Set custom battery level alerts
- Details of battery usage
- Hours of remaining charge
19. IM+ Instant Messenger
IM+ offers a fully integrated instant messenger service ideal for people with multiple chat platforms in use. This app will bring all of those together placing them in one easy location.
- Support for all popular instant messaging services including Facebook, Google Talk and AOL/AIM/iChat
- Free text messages and photo sending
- Group chats
- Multiple accounts per service
- Typing notifications
- Personal status messages
Get the most out of your team and your budget by taking advantage of these free collaboration and project management tools.
From this week residents can get in touch with councillors directly using the mobile messaging app
You'll no longer be able to send messages from Facebook's main mobile app