SyMenu is a portable menu system which makes it easier to organise and launch your portable applications, as well as anything else installed on the host system.
At a minimum, you might use the program as a portable Start Menu. Launch it, and it adds an icon to your system tray. Press Ctrl+F1 at any point and a pop-up menu appears, giving speedy access to your Start Menu applications, Control Panel applets, folders, recent documents and more.
You can customise your menu further by adding applications, documents, folders, URLs and more, either by dragging and dropping individual items or importing a batch in a single operation (every EXE file in your USB stick's NirSoft folder, say).
If you don't have all the portable programs you need, no problem. SyMenu integrates with PortableApps.com and its PAF Suite, listing applications like 7-Zip, AbiWord, Autoruns, Dia, DOSBox, FileZilla, Firefox, GIMP, KeePass, OpenOffice, VLC Media Player and more, and installing them to your USB stick (or anywhere else) with a click.
Programs may be organised in whatever hierarchy you like, or you can just use the built-in Search tool to find what you need. Click in the Search box (or press Ctrl+Shift+F1), start typing, and any matches appear immediately (even if they're applications on the local system).
This is all vastly configurable, too. You can have particular programs launched when SyMenu starts or closes. It's able to temporarily replace file associations with items relating to your SyMenu apps. You can customise hotkeys, mouse gestures, icons, themes, and the list goes on.
- The tooltip delay is now customizable directly form the configuration file. File SyMenuConfig.xml, tag tooltipItems, attribute delay, default value 5000 milliseconds
- SPS: Inno setup packages can receive installation arguments (for flag -a)
- Bug fix SPS: contextual menu on SPS grid throws an error if the folder or the file doesn't exist
- Bug fix SPS: a file name can have a comma on script after install
- Bug fix SPS: trash folder can contain long paths
SyMenu is a superb launcher, versatile, configurable, yet also extremely easy to use. A success at every level.