OCam is a very configurable capture tool which can both record individual images and videos of your desktop activities.
The program starts with a floating, resizable frame, and a simple toolbar. Position and size the frame to the area you'd like to record, and click Capture to record a single image, or Record to start capturing a desktop video (click the button again to stop). Clicking Open then opens the Explorer folder containing your captures, ready for your review.
While this sounds fairly standard, oCam is well implemented, and most of the features have considerable depth. You might first select a capture area by manually moving the selection frame, for example. But click the Resize button and you can also set the frame to a fixed size (640x480, 800x800, 1024x768 and so on), the full screen, or have it capture an application window.
OCam offers considerable control over its video output, too. You're able to set its target frames per second, keyframe rate, audio and video bitrate, export format (MPEG1/2/4, FLV, MOV, TS, VOB, XVID, OpenDIVX, AVI) and more. Captured images can be saved as JPG, BMP, GIF and PNG, and there are assorted other options to explore (hotkeys to launch recording, the audio device to capture, and more).
In our tests this all worked very well, too; the program popped up when we asked, placed minimal demands on our system, and reliably recorded both images and desktop video.
- Additional NVIDIA HEVC codec
- Additional NVIDIA HEVC YUV 4:2:0 Lossless preset
- Additional NVIDIA HEVC YUV 4:2:0 Lossless high-performance preset
- The default setting to automatically optimize the codec
- If you can not use the codec NVENC disabled in the menu codec
- DirectX 12 record performance is greatly improved
- Fix DirectX 12 games crash on Windows 10-Redstone 1
- Added ability to manage the list of the recorded area
- Fixed recording area problem in some low-end PC
- Fixed a bug that does not function properly in certain shortcuts hotkey combination
- Fixed "Failed to Get Capture Pin" Error
- Fixed a bug that some buttons do not work at ocam minimized state
- Ukrainian language is added
OCam could benefit from a few small tweaks, like the ability to minimise it to your system tray. The core desktop video recorder is excellent, though, supremely configurable and easy to use - go grab a copy immediately.