MadVR is a powerful, configurable DirectShow video renderer, designed to deliver the best possible video playback quality.
The package's 32-bit processing and high-quality scaling and sharpening algorithms ensure great results, even at high resolutions and frame rates.
This only works with compatible media players. As we write, this is the official list:
· DVB Dream
· Emby Theater
· JRiver MediaCenter
· Kodi DSPlayer
· Zoom Player
Setup takes a little work. You'll need to download madVR and unzip it somewhere safe (you can't delete the folder later); run Install.bat as an administrator; run madHcCtrl.exe to access your settings; and choose madVR as the video renderer in your media player (in MPC-HC, View > Options > Playback > Output > DirectShow Video).
But once that's out of the way, madVR will be used for all playback, and you can start trying out its various processing, scaling and rendering options.
Version 0.91.10 brings (Changelog)
* improved Windows 10 HDR metadata support
* added new option "hack Direct3D to make 24.000Hz and 60.000Hz work"
* performance improvement with "trust DXVA" + "use D3D11 for presentation"
* fixed: Intel GPU driver flickering bug with "use D3D11 for presentation"
* fixed: madVR(64).ax files were larger than necessary
* Intel: 10bit DXVA surfaces are now converted to 10bit RGB (instead of 8bit)
A powerful and highly configurable video renderer which delivers very high quality results. But beware, it can take a while to find the best settings for your system.