Dell - Desktop Virtualization Solutions - Document Libary
Enterprises of all sizes are poised to explore alternatives to traditional end user computing. Many are re-evaluating how their IT groups provision, manage, and support their workforce.
IT administrators need ways to boost user mobility and work flexibility while also helping to tighten enterprise security, simplify management, and reduce the overall cost of owning and operating client systems. Dell™ Desktop Virtualization Solutions are a cost-efficient way to enhance security, streamline management, and boost user productivity.
IT departments are facing an array of challenges, including:
- Mobile Workers
- Mobile workers need predictable and complete access to their work applications, tools, and data from outside the office.
- Explosion in Devices
- IT is also dealing with an explosion in numbers and types of devices being used by employees. For instance, many organizations are feeling pressure from their employees to enable connecting tablets to corporate networks and resources.
- Need to Simplify Desktop Management
- Managing a complex desktop environment is costly, and pulls administrators away from strategic projects. IT desires to streamline desktop support operations, manage more users with more diverse needs, while reducing costs for key tasks, including provisioning desktops, deployment of updates, patches, and upgrades.
- Increasing Security Concerns
- No enterprise wants their name in the news because of a security breach. Employee mobility, the explosion in devices, and consumerization all introduce risk and exposure for your company.
- Employees now expect organizations to allow the use of personal devices, like smartphones and home computers, to access work resources.
- Implementation Complexity
- Desktop virtualization is inherently complex requiring orchestration of multiple inter-connected components spanning all traditional IT domains including; servers, storage, networks, enterprise software, management, hypervisors, connection brokers, and client devices.
Dell Desktop Virtualization Solutions: simplify, minimize risk while empowering your workforce
Most companies have been virtualizing in pockets in stop/start implementations, struggling to justify the ROI and move from pilots to production.
We have built an extensive solution portfolio to help simplify Client Virtualization:
Complete Integrated Solutions Stacks based on Open standards. Simple, Pre-Tested, Reliable. And extremely scalable for future needs.
Process Methodology based on best practice implementation: virtualize where beneficial, based on end-user role analysis, using the best suited set of client virtualization technologies.
Flexible Delivery Models: Same infrastructure. Customer-managed, or co-managed onsite or through the cloud.
Product InformationDell Desktop Virtualization Solutions Brochure
Fence data and not the workforce with simplified desktop virtualisation
Simplified desktop virtualisation
Desktop virtualisation works by decoupling the digital identity of a worker—data, user preferences, applications, and even the OS—from the individual client device and moving it to a centralised location, usually within the enterprise infrastructure.Download White Paper
Reaping the benefits of end-to-end desktop virtualization deployments
Dell Desktop Virtualization Solutions
Flexible delivery models, together with expert consulting and support services for Dell™ Desktop Virtualization Solutions, help IT decision makers cut cost, complexity, and risk—accelerating enterprise-wide efficiency gains through tuned and tested deployments across a broad range of enterprise use cases.Download White Paper
Facilitating informed decision making for desktop virtualization
Dell Desktop Virtualization Blueprint Assessment
This paper presents an in-depth view of the Blueprint Assessment, examining key components and describing how the Blueprint Assessment is integrated into desktop virtualization planning, design, and deployment. As the paper shows, the Blueprint Assessment plays a vital role in helping organizations maximize the value and reduce the risks of desktop virtualization while also enabling them to optimize the entire client computing environment.Download White Paper
Mobility & Desktop Virtualization
The business world is getting more mobile every day, and the trend is not likely to change anytime soon, with the introduction and deployment of increasingly sophisticated wireless devices and the ever-increasing reach and availability of high speed networks, end users will have unprecedented access to information and mobile applications.Download White Paper
Dell desktop virtualization solutions
Simplifying desktop virtualization with the production-ready Dell Integrated Solution Stack (ISS)
For many organizations, implementing desktop virtualization in an enterprise environment can be a long and challenging project. IT groups must select and integrate multiple components, configure the solution for the current number of users and existing workloads, and also build in the flexibility for change. Any design and deployment mistakes can easily add costs and risks.Download White Paper
Desktop Virtualization Solutions:
Find out how virtualization can benefit your company. How to design a scalable solution to overcome the challenges including cost, demands on IT departments, performance issues and security
Desktop Virtualization Solutions:
Dive deep into Dell Desktop Virtualization Solutions (DDVS), including the five-step implementation process and pre-configured package of hardware, software and services.
Desktop Virtualization Solutions:
Learn about the options you can select during Dell's desktop virtualization implementation process, options that include implementation, ownership and operation of the finished solution.
The enterprise software giant has also said customers should buy the latest x86 hardware Enterprise software giant SAP has urged its customers not to virtualise HANA for large production environments, claiming that it isn’t necessary, and said that they should be buying the latest x86 hardware for the best performance.read more »
The 1200 SSD delivers Seagate's top performance in an solid-state drive read more »
Intel says the Silvermont architecture will break the myth that ARM is more power efficient read more »
Betting exchange replaces Xen virtualisation with VMware's software defined data centre management tools read more »
Suffolk university chooses vShape to meet growing server demands with limited data centre space read more »
Head of IT reform at Cabinet Office advocates wider acceptance of open source to improve customer power read more »